I've taken over the blog, well just for a day. While Lil' Goth is away in the Welsh country-side, I've (The Gentlemen) have been listening to classical music, sipping a glass of Absinthe & playing with some new magic tricks.

For those that have kept up-to-date with our blogs would know by now that our Edinburgh Fringe Show, Happy Ever After?, is indeed a true variety act, however my biggest passion of all is 'magic' and hence the finale of the show is indeed a magic show. While I will not tell you what we are exactly doing (mainly due to us not actually knowing!), I am going to talk to you about my magic inspirations.

As a young child, I grew up watching the 'Paul Daniels Magic Show' and remember performing a magic-act in my year 6 'talent show'; doing a beautiful little card trick that I still perform to this day. My magic taste, however, has changed with time & maturity. I'm one of these that have never liked the David Blaine idea of 'magic' (i.e. 'this is me doing a trick') and I much prefer the suitable suggestion of magic, though magicians such as Siegfried and Roy, David Copperfield and of course, Penn & Teller, have to be saluted as magic wouldn't be as popular as it is today without them.

Magic should flow and not stop a show from doing it's purpose. A perfect example is Morgan & West. While I had never seen their show before visiting one of their Edinburgh Fringe preview (read here to find out more about it), I was impressed with their online video clips of them doing effective magic. Their show, Morgan & West: Crime Solving Magicians, isn't just a perfect magic show, it's a effective show with a perfectly timed story attached. If you have a chance of catching them in Edinburgh Fringe, please do as you will be just as astonished as we both was.

I hope this has given you an insight into the thoughts of my magic mind and gives you some idea of what to expect in Happy Ever After? magic wise. Basically, as long as you aren't expecting an elephant to disappear and would like some therapy for a phobia against mice, needles OR blood - book tickets now. We've had a really good response and Nick Pitera is doing something 'special' for us; what more could you ask for?!
SUBSCRIBE

0 Responses to 'Double, double toil and trouble...'

LEAVE A COMMENT